As with anything in the home or office, carpets need cleaning every once in awhile.
Cleaning involves more then just a vacuuming but actual wet and dry cleaning.
Having your carpets cleaned two or three times a year will help preserve the look of your carpets for years and years to come.
DIY cleaning carpets tricks :
* For light stains, some water and a little dabbing ought to do it the trick. Press a dry towel lightly over the stained area. Continue doing this for several seconds to allow the towel to soak up the stain. Then, pour a small amount of water over the colored stain area and continue to dab using the other side of the towel. Finally, spray a small amount of carpet cleaner over the colored stain area. Dab using a different dry towel.
* The experts at Carpet Cleaning Las Vegas Nevada advise that for heavy stains, you need a different set of cleaning materials, but the process is generally the same. Always vacuum first before applying the carpet cleaner or running the steam cleaner over the stained area.
* Try not to walk over the area until it’s completely dried up. Moist carpet fibers attract dust and dirt from the shoes to the carpet, and that dirt can undo all of your hard work.
* You want to pull the carpet cleaner versus push and this action is best when it is performed slowly to really get into the fibers of the carpet for a deep clean. So rushing on this process is a big no no.
* Concentrate on small areas at a time. You wan to be sure you not only cleaned a small area but also sucked up the wetness and soap used on the area. The less air drying the better